Thank you for visiting the AVP International website.
Our working language is English. If you are not comfortable reading in English, you can navigate the site using the automatic translator, click the “Translate” (translate) button at the top of each page.
The Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) is a training program that enables participants to deal with conflict and violence in new and creative ways.
The program draws from the shared experience of participants, using interactive exercises and activities, discussions, games and roleplays to examine the ways we respond to situations where injustice, prejudice, frustration and anger can lead to aggressive behaviour and violence.
An AVP workshop can help you to:
- manage strong feelings like anger and fear
- deal more effectively with risk and threatening situations
- build good relationships with other people
- communicate constructively in difficult situations
- recognise the conflict management skills you already have
- be true to yourself while respecting other people
- understand why conflict happens
- approach conflict in a more creative and less reactive way
- consider you own relationship to systems of violence
Click here for more information about the AVP program or write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatives to Violence Project International, Inc. (AVP International) is an umbrella organisation that provides an infrastructure to support AVP programs and facilitators around the world.
See about us to find out more about AVP International.
Questions? Contact us here
Are you an AVP facilitator? Log in or register here
After logging in, go to the “Resources” section to find materials .