Early bird registration for the 2017 World Gathering Nepal has been extended to March 31! click here to register
Welcome to the AVP International website!
The Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) is a training programme enabling participants to deal with potentially violent situations in new and creative ways. Workshops are delivered by our trained facilitators and are experiential (not based on lectures).
Our workshops draw on the shared experience of participants, using interactive exercises, discussions, games and role-plays to examine the ways we respond to situations where injustice, prejudice, frustration and anger can lead to aggressive behaviour and violence.
An AVP workshop can help you to:
- manage strong feelings such as anger and fear
- deal more effectively with risk and threatening situations
- build good relationships with other people
- communicate constructively in difficult situations
- recognise the conflict management skills you already have
- be true to yourself while respecting other people
- understand why conflict happens
- approach conflict in a more creative and less reactive manner
- consider your own relationship to systems of violence